For many years sports men and women have asked which essential oils they might use to improve their performance; others to relieve tired and aching muscles. With so many to choice from a new users can become confused and others might feel that aromatherapy is no more than a nice smell and a relaxing massage!
Essential Oils are powerful and have many benefits! They can work in many different ways physically, emotionally and mentally.
Trying to list all of them would be a difficult task! Here are six that I find to be very interesting and worth knowing.
- Essential oils are convenient, quick and easy to use. Essential oils can be used in massage and to enhance meditation and concentration.
- Essential oils are organic substances the liquid of plants. Essential oils can support the body and help it come back into balance without the need to use harmful chemical based products.
- Essential oils can immediately penetrate the skin and cell membranes. They can diffuse throughout the blood and tissues instantly to quickly allow the user to benefit from their therapeutic properties.
- Essential oils have oxygenating properties. Because they contain oxygen molecules they can transport nutrients to cells that are nutrient and/or oxygen deprived. Healthy cells need oxygen.
- Essential oils are high in antioxidants. Antioxidants are known to strengthen the body’s systems to prevent the damaging effects of aging, diet, and the environment; and eliminate free radicals.
- Essential oils soothe muscles and joints. Assisting with minor aches and pains related to everyday activities especially in combination with massage.